Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sarah Palin's Spec's

I walked in to the optician's store today, looking for a new pair of glasses. It seems that after that eye injury the first week I was here - over 14 months ago (!) - I may not be able to wear contacts anymore, so I'm now thinking 'fashion accessory'.

The optician pushed a photo, cut out from People magazine, across the table. "People are asking for these" he said, as I viewed a picture of Sarah Palin wearing her Kazuo Kawasaki 704's. Apparently in Manila, as well as, it seems, all over the world, everyone wants her glasses. If nothing else, Sarah Palin has given the optical industry a shot in the arm.

As well as the joke writing industry.

I watched the Vice Presidential debate last week, but even better, here is the clip from Saturday Night Live, with Tina Fey as Ms. Palin at the debate...

Everyone is off topic these days, what with the U.S. Presidential election and the financial meltdown. We live in interesting times. Who said that? The cartoon is by Victor Juhasz from the Matt Taibbi article "Mad Dog Palin" in Rolling Stone.

No comments: